Healthy by nature
Not just good sleep, good for the planet
We’ve worked hard to bring you not just incredible comfort but also the cleanest mattresses that we can make. The foam in our mattresses meet CertiPUR-US® standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analysed by independent, accredited testing laboratories.
The certified foam Sherman uses within its mattresses is:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP, TCEP or any other flame retardant that have been identified by the Environmental Protection Agency as possibly harmful.
- Made without mercury, lead or other heavy metals fillers sometimes found in foam.
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates – sometimes used as a softening agent in consumer products and identified by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (2009) as being harmful in children’s toys and child care items.
- Low VOC emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
- No chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- Meets CertiPUR-US® standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analysed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
To find out more, go to www.certipur.us.
Along with our foam certification, most of the components in our mattresses are fully recyclable. Our high-carbon steel spring units can be recycled an infinite number of times into many other metal products. Our foams and fabric cut-offs are also recycled into carpet underlay, home insulation and other items via Soft Landing, a national Social Enterprise that diverts old mattresses from landfill.